When to Schedule Your Lexus for ServiceSep 13rd, 2018
For many drivers, scheduling a service appointment is yet another errand on the seemingly endless to-do list. However, thanks to our complimentary VIP Services, Lexus drivers in Calgary look forward to regular vehicle maintenance. But, it can be hard to know how often to schedule a service appointment, or even remember when you last came in. (We get it – life is busy!)
Are you unsure about the ideal maintenance schedule for your Lexus? Here is what you need to know.
Regular Maintenance for Exceptional Calgary Performance
Your Lexus is a masterpiece of advanced technology and precision craftsmanship, so it deserves regular, expert service to ensure that it maintains the exceptional performance and safety Lexus is known for.
Your Lexus Service Schedule begins with two complimentary services.
1. 1,600 kilometre Check-In, where we:
- Address your questions or concerns
- Help you set up or adjust your personal vehicle settings
- Conduct and under-the-hood visual inspection
- Provide you with a vehicle walkaround
2. 8,000 kilometre Check-In, where we:
- Inspect coolant, brake, and washer fluid levels
- Inspect and rotate tires and adjust pressure as required, including spare
- Inspect wiper blades, linkage, and washer for proper operation
- Visually inspect brake pads, calipers, rotors, brake lines, and hoses
After That – Oil Changes and More
Many vehicle owners do not know how frequently they should have regular service, such as an oil change or tire rotation. You likely know that dirty motor oil does not perform as well as fresh oil, and oil contaminants can cause engine erosion. To keep your Lexus performing at its best, bring it in to Lexus of Calgary for regular maintenance.
While the rule of thumb is to have an oil change every 5,000 to 8,000 kilometers, each vehicle is unique – just like each driver’s habits, which also effect a vehicle’s service frequency. For example, guests who accelerate quickly or drive often on dirt roads may need vehicle service more often than relaxed highway drivers. The best thing is to check your owner’s manual for your specific vehicle.
Or, even better, access a personalized schedule of essential services for your Lexus by entering your specific vehicle information. This will give you the most accurate idea of when to schedule service for your specific Lexus model.